Tuesday, December 25, 2007

I Do What I Want: Christmas Eve Edition

Some of you may not know this, but I do what I want.

Today I saw some trails with "no bikes" signs. "I do what I want," I said to no one in particular, and then continued down the trail on my bike. Never mind that it was muddy and sloppy and filled with dead trees, and actually would have been faster to walk--you see, I do what I want.


Damn, the Oregon coast is really boring and ugly.


If you noticed the little fence in the picture above, it's the Man's way of telling you there's something awesome beyond it. In this case, a wind-swept outcropping of rock that juts out directly over about 800 feet of nothing, and then some pointy rocks and the ocean.



This rock was also hovering over a huge free-fall to certain death, but there was no fence telling me to stay back. So I guess only certain dangerous rock faces are illegal to hang out on or something.

No comments: